All preschool talk, all the time
I threw caution to the wind and canceled my scheduled observation at the final Montessori school I was investigating. Given that I really liked Childpeace, yet have decided to go with the play-based preschool even if Childpeace does offer us a spot, I figured what good would going to another Montessori school do? So, that's one less appointment I have this week, a week which has been full of various appointments.
After I had to pack Avery's lunch for her trial day at her (starting in September) preschool, I could no longer resist buying Avery's lunch box. I saw the stainless steel Planet Box long ago and knew I wanted it. Then RHG bought it for Elise and loves it. So I've been waiting and waiting and finally caved. Why I'm so excited to buy a freakin' lunch box, I have no clue. I bought the carry case to go with it so I can easily pack a cloth napkin and water bottle or whatever.
It's actually a bold royal purple, though it comes off as bluish in the picture
I went with the modern art theme for the magnets. Thank goodness they didn't have Disney themed princesses since I would have had to get those knowing they would absolutely be Avery's preference.
Accessible clothing
For quite some time, I've wanted to have an additional low curtain rod in Avery's closet so she can reach all of her clothes. I hang everything except tights, underwear, socks, and jammies. I despise folding clothes so I'm very pro-hanging. Anyway, I finally decided to bite the bullet and just pay to have a rod installed. In my head, this would be a large cost. Turns out, it's cheap. I went to Home Depot, bought the wooden dowel and the brackets, which came to less than $10. Then I had the handyman do the installation. It probably took him 15 minutes. Since he was here doing other stuff as well, the other 45 minutes in that hour of work (he bills by the hour) was billed to other activities. So the total of this project was about $15. Let this be a lesson to me: don't assume things are expensive or cheap, just find out.
Avery loves that she can reach all of her clothes to pick what she's going to wear. As a bonus - for me, at least - she is wearing pants more often because they are within reach and at eye level. Typically, she wears the pants under skirts in lieu of tights. That's just fine with me because I definitely prefer she wear the pants since tights are not as easy to get on.
Speaking of clothing, I bought Avery an Easter dress. I couldn't help it. It was so darn cute and I know how much Avery loves new dresses and there's the possibility that we'll get to do the White House Easter Egg Roll (we should know today if we got tickets in the online lottery). I didn't take a picture of it, but I will take one of her in it next time she tries it on. She insisted on trying it on this morning and then pointed out each detail of the dress she particularly likes.
Blurry picture of Avery's closet
I thought we were going to order our lunchboxes together to save on shipping! oops?
ReplyDeleteUm, yeah. I now have a vague recollection of that, though barely. Sorry!
ReplyDelete