Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dress

Sewing projects
Last night I finished RHG's knitting needle case by putting on a magnetic closure.  I think those are meant for stronger fabrics, so I had to put some sticker adhesive on it to lessen the strength of it and make it easy enough to open. 

Today I started my second SSP (solo sewing project): a summer dress for Avery. 

Fabric and pattern

I had to do a fair amount of Internet research to look up terms and concepts from the pattern with which I was unfamiliar.  As of now, I've cut out the pattern.  I didn't think to buy any fabric for the lining, so I'll need to get some for that.  Who knew that the bulk of the work in sewing is in the cutting?  Probably everyone but me.  I think I'm also going to get a tracing wheel after researching my two options for transferring marks from the pattern to the fabric: "chalk and pin method" and "tracing wheel."

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! That is super cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks adorable! I'm so impressed with your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great fabric! Elise would go nuts for all the dots.

    ReplyDelete