Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Case


SSP1: Knitting Needle Case - 95% done

It's almost done!  All I need to do is put on some sort of button/snap/closure.  I didn't do that at the time because I wanted to finish it, yet wanted to make sure that RHG's longest needles fit in the case.

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, though I know where every flaw in it is located.  RHG stopped by, for other reasons, today.  We were able to try out her needles, cables, and other items.  I'm pleased, proud, and a bit surprised to report that everything fit perfectly. 

I'm pondering doing another case just to see if I can get closer to perfection.  But what would I do with such a case?  Anyone need a knitting needle case?  KMK?

Exterior of case when it's folded shut.

Interior of case

One more shot of the interior.


Childpeace = In!  But, we're still going to the play-based school
Well, Avery got into Childpeace. I didn't think she'd get in at all, and I certainly didn't think we'd get notification so early.  It really hasn't changed anything in my mind.  While it makes it more a decision for us versus just acceptance of fate, I am quite firm in my belief that Montessori isn't the right way to go for Avery at this time.  I still strongly identify with a lot of the concepts and philosophies of Montessori, however, the things I don't like about it are strong enough to sway me in another direction.  That said, in a different situation, I could see making the choice to do Montessori. 

Advertising for toys - girls vs. boys.
Two charts, divided by gender, showing the most common words used to market toys to children.  Guess which one is the girls' chart and which is the boys' chart.

Charts created by Wordle.
Pre-Avery, I would have been completely disgusted by this. Post-Avery, I do think there's room to merge these two a bit, but I also see the very obvious differences between boys and girls. 

Christie's BD
And now, I am off to El Gaucho for dinner with Christie, Amber, and Stacey to celebrate Christie's BD. Perfect!  Daddy and Avery have already left to go to dinner.  Several times before she left, Avery made sure to tell me, "Don't let Eddie poop everywhere."  But then she told me it was OK if he did because I could just clean it up.  Good to know, Little One.  Good to know.

3 comments:

  1. I recommend waiting on another needle case. There's so many other things you could sew! Besides, one day I will expand my needle collection and then you'll need to make me another one. I figure that won't be a problem since you're so FAST. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. flipcard and mosaic views do not work, for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. @RHG - they worked when I put them up, but are not working now. Must be some bug in blogger.

    ReplyDelete