Pages

Monday, April 04, 2011

Goose


Absurd pride

I realize that for normal people, being proud of such a thing of not taking naps and making it through a vacation seems absurd.  However, given my struggles with energy, I must admit that I'm actually quite proud that I made it through last week's vacation.  I did five days of amusement park crowds, lines, and dealing with a three-year-old.  For two of those visits, I was the sole parent.  And I didn't crash when I got home, either.  I've had a couple of naps since returning, but neither were absolutely necessary (that is, if I'd had something pressing to do, I could have done it).  While I know I would have pushed through and been able to do the same thing a few months/years ago, I would have ended up paying for it for weeks and weeks to come.  It would have exhausted me and put me behind on everything as a result.  I'm still trying to catch up on everything, but that's only because there's much to be done and when you're gone for a week, things get out of whack.  That's just the way it is.

So, yes, I do have absurd pride that I made it through a vacation and lots of fun in one piece.

A goose who loves a man

I do not watch most videos posted by people on Facebook or sent via email.  However, I decided to watch this one.  It's such a sweet little story.


Today

I had the G kids for much of the afternoon today because RHG had a doctor's appointment (it's a girl!)  The kids played fairly well together, so it was easy.  Now Avery has fallen asleep in the chair in the living room.  Ahh, peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment