Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tip


Weekend with Three

The G's were away this weekend, so we had E & N from about 4 pm on Friday to about (presumably) 5 pm Sunday.  Overall, it was a pretty easy weekend.  I still have no desire for more than one child, but Avery had a great time with both E and N.  There were also far fewer fights than in the past, so perhaps as A and E have gotten older, they've gotten better at settling their own disputes.

Friday night we headed over to the condo for a pre-judgment day dinner with Christie & family and Amber & family.  That was a perfect way to start our weekend.  The kids all played fairly happily amongst each other whilst the adults joked about the coming end of the world.  Upon arrival home, all children were asleep quickly.  Since Nolan had fallen and hit his head earlier in the day (at his house, not ours, thank goodness), requiring a visit to the doctor, we had to wake him at 11 PM to be sure he was OK.  D and I had a little miscommunication* and it turns out that both of us woke him separately - me at 11 PM, D at 1 AM.  Poor Nolan.

Saturday, after eating breakfast and getting dressed, I got the girls ready to head out to buy some flowers. Elise asked me to put her hair up like Avery's. Then Nolan wanted me to do the same. I, of course, obliged.
I then took Elise and Avery to the nursery to buy flowers for the flower pots on our back deck.  The girls were pretty good at the nursery and helped me pick out flowers.  When we got back, they "helped" to plant the flowers.  Basically, they started to distribute the flower pots to the various pots, then I rearranged everything, then D gave them lunch while I planted. So, it wasn't exactly hands on helping, but Avery gets to do hands on planting at school.  My goal was to get through it as fast as possible since I don't enjoy the planting, but do enjoy the lovely flowers on the deck.  Let's see, after lunch was a nap/quiet time.  After nap time, I decided to take all three kids and Turtle out for a walk.  It took over an hour, but we all made it unscathed and my patience was even in tact.  I think Eddie was usually the aggravating factor on previous walks.  Following our walk, D took Nolan to the grocery store to do some shopping while Avery and Elise played nicely together.   After dinner, D had to leave to go to the Timbers game (I told him to take a friend since I couldn't see it being a good idea to keep Avery out late on a weekend when we'd need well behaved kids all around), so I put the three kids down to bed.  Overall, it was pretty easy.  Not as easy as most date nights, but pretty easy nonetheless.








Today, Sunday, we headed over to Sara's for our regular brunch group.  Sara made several gluten free options that I could eat - all delicious - and even cooked pig and turkey bacon so D could enjoy some bacon.  D and I are quickly becoming Those People when it comes to dinner invites.  Between my no gluten and his no pig, it's rather embarrassing.  For the record, neither of us expect people to cook around our eating choices.  Once back from brunch, it was quiet/nap time again.  Less successful than Saturday, but still a little down time.  After I got up, I took the kids and Turtle for a walk again.  Elise fell and got a little scrape on her knee, so we dropped her back off at home and headed out with just Avery and Nolan.  This time we took the tricycle.  It seemed liked a good idea at the time, but Nolan isn't quite ready for the tricycle. Then, when Avery was in the tricycle, I felt it best to hold Nolan's hand while walking, so then I had two hands occupied (the tricycle has a push bar - Avery can pedal on her own, but when going down these hills I have to control her speed and I also help push her up the hills) and still had to find a way to hold the leash.  So it was a bit of a juggling act, but not too bad.

* Is "miscommunication" not a word?  It's being red squigglied. Am too lazy to research, but not too lazy to disclaimer my confusion via this statement.  It's kind of a middle of the road kind of lazy. 

Virtual Tip Jar

Did you know you can now a virtual tip jar to your blog?  Yep.  Here's an example blog with the gadget.  At first I thought why would any blog like mine need a tip jar.  Then I thought about when I gathered donations for Avery's jog-a-thon and realized it would be very useful for something like that.  Should the need ever arise again, perhaps I'll do it via a tip Google Tip Jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment