Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IV


IV

Though the near daily headaches I'd been getting since DC subsided about a week ago, my energy has not returned.  I thought about going to my Western doc about the headaches, but I decided all she would do is give me a prescription and I'd still have the underlying problem going on.  So back to the naturopath I went.  He had a few thoughts, one of I opted for after lots of discussion with him.  Today, I went in and had my first of four IV transfusions (is transfusions the right word? not sure) full of minerals and vitamins.  These transfusions might help if I have some inability to absorb a certain mineral or vitamin.  So, I might feel something from it tomorrow, but, more likely, I'll feel it following the second transfusion.  

Gluten
I have been gluten free since about April 25th.  I did make meatballs encrusted in panko bread crumbs and ate them, but the breadcrumbs inside the meatballs were gluten free, so the amount ingested was truly minimal.  I also forgot that most soy sauce as wheat in it.  When I eat sushi rolls, I dip them in unagi/eel sauce, which is made with soy sauce, so that was another source of gluten ingestion. However, I've had no bread, pasta, or other ... ? ... gluten-laden? items.

The energy situation still sucks.  It has not rebounded in any way. The headaches stopped about a week or so ago.  I still feel a bit fragile related to them.  That is to say, I don't know how I know it, but I can often feel that I will get a headache.  I don't yet have it, but something in my body feels different such that I know it's a likely event later in the day.  For example, I'm feeling that right now.  It could go either way. I suppose it's just a familiar feeling that often precedes a headache.  

Anti-depressants
And while I'm airing all my freakin' dirty laundry, let's not forget the anti-depressant situation.  I upped the dose (obviously with the advise of my PMHNP) a couple of weeks ago. I'm still, however, at a fairly low dose for someone with depression (this is according to my own Internet research).  I'm really struggling with depression right now.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm so very, very frustrated with my energy and health, or if maybe the depression is causing the energy and health problems.  Chicken and egg I guess.  I have good days and bad days.  Today is a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day (duh).

I just tried to make an appointment with another PMHNP, a man this time.  While I don't dislike my current one, I can't say I find her counseling to be at all beneficial.  I guess I'm thinking if I have to do all this shit that I really, really hate to do (counseling, medication adjustments, etc), I might as well keep trying to find someone with whom I actually get some benefit other than a prescription.  I've always gone to women and I've yet to find a counselor who is ideal for me.  It occurred to me that I always go to women, so this time I specifically chose a man.  I am so sick of talking about this stuff.  I'm thinking about typing up the highlights of my depression history (or should that be low lights?) so I can at least not repeat every boring detail again. 

Diet Coke
Let's end this pathetic post on a good note.  While not all my good habits from my elimination diet stuck (though I certainly am doing WAY better with my eating than before the diet), one thing has stuck.  I have not had a Diet Coke since a week before the diet.  So, that was about the end of January.  I took a sip of D's one day a couple of weeks ago, but that is it.  I still miss it sometimes, but I have accepted that Diet Coke is to me like alcohol is to an alcoholic: I can't have just one.  So I just don't let myself have it.  I miss it, but it's good to be free of an addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment