Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Woodpecker


Woody the woodpecker

We have a woodpecker issue.  Let's call him Woody.  Woody has decided that our roof is a great place to make his home.  He seems to particularly enjoy pecking the gutter/side of the house/roof starting around 5:30 am.  The only way to get Woody away from our house is to go into one of the guest rooms and pull up the blinds quickly, thereby scaring him away for a while.  Woodpeckers pecking on a gutter are loud, in case you're wondering.

Bangs

D and I took Avery to get her haircut yesterday.  We decided to try bangs to minimize hair battles in the morning.  While it doesn't look awful, bangs are definitely not the ideal look for Avery. 

Date night

D and I originally planned to see two movies last night for our date night.  However, then D remembered that last night was the Survivor finale.  We couldn't very well miss that, so we skipped the second movie and came home to watch.  I don't think anyone else watches Survivor, but I'll just say I'm happy with the outcome.  Very happy.

Oh, and we saw Bridesmaids, a movie I thoroughly enjoyed. Christie was able to join us, so that was a nice change of pace.  Next, D and I would like to see two documentaries: Bill Cunningham New York and Cave of Forgotten Dreams. I know I'll elicit much sympathy when I say that D and I won't have a date night for two whole weeks!  The horror! 

Self-Compassion

I read this article on self-compassion this morning.  I found it to be very thought provoking.  It made a lot of sense to me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Why not attach a cow bell to the rain gutter and let the woodpecker have at it. It'll probably sound like a 50 caliber machine gun inside a barrel. lol

    ReplyDelete