Hide & Seek (written Thursday, 9/22)
Avery and Henry - who is staying with us whilst Mama & Papa go to a soccer game - are currently involved in a cutthroat game of hide and seek. I'm impressed they seem to be following all the rules and taking turns without any prodding from me.
Now they're playing policeman. Avery is wearing her underwear and the tie that Christie made for her. In case you're wondering how they play policeman, let me explain. Avery pushes around a stroller while Henry rides behind her on the ride-on-train. When they come to the aid of an injured person, me, Avery asks where I'm hurt. I say my elbow. Avery then turns to Henry and orders him to "get the bandaids!" Then Henry dutifully retrieves imaginary band aids from the train.
Problem Solver (written Thursday, 9/22)
I am a problem solver.
- For years, I've been annoyed that the closet on our main floor has a massive amount of wasted space near the ceiling. I finally decided to have a rod installed just below the 12' high ceiling in the closet. I also bought a shepherd's hook. I now have our extra, lesser used coats stored up there. The shepherd's hook just hangs from the rod, so it'll never be lost. It works quite well. I'm most pleased with myself.
- I pick up the G kids every morning to take them to school along with Avery. RHG and I discussed that neither of us wanted to do a horn honk when I arrived, so for a while I would just text her when I arrived. This worked perfectly fine, but that did not stop me from implementing an even better system. I bought a wireless doorbell, had RHG plug the receiver into an outlet in her house, then I keep the doorbell in the car. I then ring it when we arrive. It's entirely unnecessary, but I love it still.
- Avery received several magnet play sets as gifts at Christmas. I've been struggling with a way to keep all the darn things straight. After several attempts at various organization efforts, I had the handyman install three magnet boards in the basement to hold all the magnets. They're not easily visible to Avery and her friends.
Pink Eyes
Both my eyes appear to have pink eye. I noticed both eyes were suddenly bloodshot last night. I never have bloodshot eyes. I woke with a small amount of gook in my eyes. They aren't still all red. Based on my Internet research, I think it's viral pink eye. Annoying.
Love the imagination of 3-4 year olds.
ReplyDelete