Waning blogging interest
My interest in blogging is waning. I find myself not really wanting to update the blog. I'm not sure why the change. Blogging has seemed less interactive lately, not just on my blog but on friends' blogs, too. I used to get a fair amount of information about the lives of my friends through blogs, but now it seems to be more through FB or other avenues.
Proud
When I picked Avery up at school today, one of her teachers said to me that she always tells herself that she has to find out what the parents of Avery and another child in the class are doing because that's how she wants her kids to behave. {blush}
Then she told me another story about Avery on the playground that, for me, blows the first compliment out of the water. Apparently there were some kids who weren't letting Nolan play in a particular area of the playground today. Avery went over there and stood up for Nolan. She explained to the little girl that she should let Nolan play and asked her if Nolan's face looked happy [that he was being excluded]. I about burst from pride. It's a relatively small thing, but I am constantly telling Avery and Elise to include Nolan when they're playing - or rather insisting they cannot exclude him. I don't feel like I ever make progress on that during play dates at my house, but maybe I'm getting through enough to make an impact on Avery's behavior elsewhere.
Rare
This morning, Avery woke up and was crying for me after 6 am. That is unusual. What is more unusual is that I didn't wake up when she did, but D did. I usually wake up if Avery breathes loudly, so that I didn't hear her screaming for me is very weird. D usually sleeps through everything. I feel like I've been sleeping much more deeply lately. It's all very odd.
Short sale house
We got a message from our Realtor yesterday regarding the short sale house we'd put a bid on. The bank accepted another offer. It was also discovered recently that there's an additional $50k judgement lien (unrelated to the house) against the seller. Anyway, who knows why the bank went with another offer. It might have been a higher offer since we know there was at least one other offer higher than ours, or it might have been because it wasn't going to be our primary residence. I guess it doesn't really matter. Ah well, there are plenty of houses. We'll find something perfect for Mom eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment