Amazon finally did it
I've had Amazon Prime for a year now from a promotional program in which I participated. I've been wavering about renewing Prime. They've had various benefits of Prime membership that have come close to swaying me, but I was still on the edge until tonight. I just signed up for Prime after seeing the Kindle Owners' Lending Library where I can borrow books for free from Amazon. We buy a lot of books for our Kindles, so I think we'll save a chunk from that. We'll also save it on shipping. It's still a luxury, but it's a luxury I know I'll appreciate.
Guy Fawkes Night
We're hosting our annual Guy Fawkes Night for D's colleagues at our house tomorrow night. I made a poster for the occasion. It didn't turn out quite as fabulous as it was planned to be in my head, but hey, it's another use for my Silhouette.
I made the mask using the trace tool, then cut it out in vinyl. I bought the images for Big Ben and the Tower Bridge. I also bought the fireworks images. I cut them out and then applied glitter to make them more realistic. And I downloaded (for free) an old English font. D's company's name is in the upper right corner, but I airbrushed that out of the picture.
Famous
RHG called me the other night and said she didn't know we were famous. I said, "huh?" A friend of hers was reading the most recent issue of NW Kids Magazine and recognized our picture. A few weeks ago, the magazine interviewed our adoption agency for a story on open adoption. Our agency gave them our picture. They emailed us and asked us if they could use it. I said sure and figured it would be a little picture off to the side. Turns out that it's THE picture of the story. If you want to read the story, click on the link to the magazine above, then click on the picture under the "Current Issue" link on the right side. The story on open adoption is on pages 20 & 21. There's also a glimpse of Avery in the table of contents.

That lending library is about to make me renew my expiring Prime membership... and get a Kindle. I've been trying to find the fine print though. Any idea what restrictions there are?
ReplyDeleteI just read that you could only order one free one a month. Is that true?
ReplyDeleteI see Avery's baby face and your left hand but nothing else.
ReplyDeleteMom - yes, you're reading that the same way I am. I knew this when I signed up, then quickly forgot about it, and now I remember again! Even if I only get to "check out" 12 books per year, that's still about $96 in savings, so I recoup my money.
ReplyDeleteAmber - see Mom's point for restrictions. :)
Anon - that's what you see in the table of contents. If you go to page 20, you should see the whole picture.