Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slow

Snow days are slooooooowwww days
It feels like Avery and I have been glued at the hip for days. She's sleeping with us (me*), she's constantly asking me to play with her, she's on me like white on rice. She's even started to ask me to watch TV with her when I use that as my escape route for a few moments.

Needless to say, I'm very ready for school to resume. Hopefully it's tomorrow. The snow up here is melting fast, but there's a relatively large amount of it.

*D has been heading for the guest room lately so he can get some much needed sleep. The blog update regarding this regression of to coming into our bed will have to wait for another post.

Tired
I'm having a bit of a hiccup in my energy levels. Truth be told, that's putting it a bit mildly. I'm sleeping a lot right now. I've also been having almost daily headaches for several months now. I'd attributed the November & December headaches to anxiety from the holidays and overindulgence in sweets. However, even with a change to a much healthier diet in January, it's more rare to have a day without a headache than one with one. And my stomach is no picnic either. Either I'm accidentally ingesting gluten often (unlikely), or something else is the culprit along with gluten.

Truthfully I know I should do the elimination diet again. And were I to start it right now, I know within a few days I'd be fine and not missing much of my old food. However, it's just so.much.work for me. I just don't feel like doing it again. It's illogical to not do it now since D is doing it right now, but I can't seem to force myself to do it.

New genre: historical fiction
I've found a new genre of book that I like! And it's not all gory and depressing like my survival stories tend to be! It took me quite a while, but I finally got through The Sunne in Splendour, a historical novel about Richard III. After I finished the book, I did some research and discovered the author was true to history when presenting timelines and characters and locations. Of course, no one could know what personalities all these people from the 15th century, so clearly those conversations and elements of the story are left to the author. I would have no interest in the book if it took liberties with historical fact, but the author chose to present all facts and then her interpretation of the known facts. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. So I'm reading another of her books, Here Be Dragons. It's the first in a trilogy about 13th century Welsh princes.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Did you ever investigate using light therapy in conjunction with lethargy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. I don't notice a difference when I use the light.

    ReplyDelete