Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Walking

Walking & Eating
I've walked the last two days. And I plan to go again today. I'm more motivated to do so because I've been using an app on my phone that tracks how far and how fast I'm walking, among many other things it tracks. It gives me a clear answer that I'm walking at the "very fast" past when I log my calories, which burns A LOT more calories that just a regular, moderate walk. And it doesn't even take into account the elevation I have to climb. I don't love walking, but I definitely don't mind it nearly as much as going to the gym. Going to the gym requires me to really devote a large chunk of time to it, between getting there and back, getting work out clothes ready, getting water bottle, etc.

I'm doing better with my eating. I'm also feeling better.  For breakfast, I've just thrown out the idea of breakfast food. I eat the same thing I eat for lunch: brown rice mixed with whatever veggies are on hand and maybe some nuts mixed in. My headaches are down, though still frequent, and I'm not nauseous for most of the day as I was in December and for much of January.

Meal Planning & Prep
It's funny because while Amber is moving towards a big shop once a week and meal planning, I'm moving more towards handling things day-by-day. And it's working out fairly well for me. During the weekdays, I really only have to focus on three days a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesdays and Thursdays we always have Laughing Planet because Avery's swimming runs until 5 pm. Trying to get home to make dinner in a state of Avery being tired from swimming and me being tired from being, um, me, didn't work. I find that if I do small grocery store runs for 1-2 meals at at time, vs. 4-5 meals at a time, I waste a lot less food. I am also realizing about myself, that when we have less food in the house, I'm more likely to use up all the food and be more creative about it. We'll see how this continues.

Things are also easier because D is on the elimination diet. For him, this is miserable, but for me, it's great. I don't have to worry about making something he likes because we're eating similar things everyday.

Reading
I'm in the middle of Here Be Dragons. I love it! It's even better than Sunne in Splendor. I'm so happy to have found another genre that I like. Here Be Dragons is about the Welsh prince Llewellyn of the 13th century.  My mom's side of the family is Welsh. I've never been overly interested in it as a matter of heritage, but I am finding the history of the Welsh culture interesting. I particularly like that their treatments and views of women were much better than their Norman equivalents of the time. Not great, mind you, but better.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:13 PM

    You might investigate Barbara Tuchman's, A Distant Mirror. Though not about the Welsh culture, it is about the 13th Century.

    ReplyDelete