Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Avery!

Avery's coming today! AAAAVVVVEEEEERRRYYY!
I'm so excited to see Avery! And Damian, of course. But anyone whose been a parent to a 4yo knows how awesome it is to see them after an absence of even a couple of hours. I can't wait to give her a big, gigantic hug and kiss, and to hear her stories about the past few days, the flights, etc.

We've been able to Face Time (like Skyping via our iPhones for those who don't know what that is) several times. At one point, Amber was FTing with Josie and her Avery while I was FTing D and A. Amber brought her phone in and we showed (my) Avery Amber's phone, which was Josie and (her) Avery. After Amber walked away, (my) Avery asked me, "Where is Cayden?" She is very acutely aware of who Cayden is. I'm not sure the crush is the right word, but considering she's spent very little time with Cayden, we spend an inordinate amount of time talking about him.

Felipe - meal #2
We had meal #2 cooked by Felipe last night. It was delicious, as was the first one. We had paella for the main course. For the first course, it was a dish with mozzarella, artichoke hearts, cucumber and tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I would never order if presented with a menu, but I really enjoyed it. The appetizer was sweet peppers stuffed with crab with some sort of sauce drizzled over it, as well as sauteed mushrooms with bacon/ham & maybe peppers? Whatever it was it was good. Dessert was a delicious fruit cup, which sounds a bit lame, but it was not lame in the least.

Meal #1 consisted of an entree of sea bass with grilled potatoes. The first course was zucchini, chayote and corn. It sounds bland, but it was delicious. The appetizer that night was a corn quesadilla with cheese & chorizo - ah.mah.zing. Dessert was a lemon sorbet with pinapple. I didn't have the pinapple since that was drizzled (cooked?) with alcohol, but the sorbet was delicious.

I've asked Felipe to come twice while D and the kids are here. That's a bit tougher because I'm not sure where D is with his elimination diet. Plus, I do find it difficult to say, "Please cook for us, but here's a massive list of ingredients we can't eat ..." And between D and I, that list is adding up. I think I'll feel better about it once the list stabilizes, but this is just going to be something I'll need to get comfortable with since our allergies/sensitivities are not going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment