Spring Break = Playdates Galore
Avery first of playdate with a boy from her school is ongoing. I could immediately see why she likes Lennon so much. He's very nice, very mature*, but also very silly. The two of them were so cute as they were explaining to me why the toy car they wanted to play with needed batteries. It was like two grownups explaining it to me, but in the body of 4yos.
Later this afternoon, after Lennon leaves, Lily will come over for a playdate. Given Lennon and Avery are playing cars right now, I expect that playdate will be very different. Avery and Lily love to play dress up in their princess clothes.
Tomorrow is Avery's playdate with Eamon. Avery and Eamon are described as "two peas in a pod" by her teachers.
Yesterday I watched Avery, Elise, and Nolan at RHG's house while RHG had her car serviced. Then I left Avery with RHG while I took my car to be serviced. It worked out quite nicely. And the kids all got along very well.
* Ah. He's actually a year older than Avery. He'll be going to kindergarten in the fall. That explains it.
The Quarters & The Stuff & The Mom
Mom seems to be settling into her quarters nicely. She had towels on the floor to protect the rug from all the mulch Barkley brings in on his paws. However, since we didn't like the color of the rug (well, we liked the color, but it didn't really go with the decor in the living room) we bought for the living room, we decided to just move that rug downstairs. It works very nicely down there. Plus, Barkley seems to like the rug because it's very plush and soft.
The movers were actually able to fit all of Mom's stuff in the third parking space in our garage, so both D and I will continue parking our cars in the garage. I had taped out the area where we hoped to cram all of Mom's stuff. The movers dutifully stacked and crammed and damned if that stuff didn't fit in there as if we'd done precise measurements.
Mom has been busy getting all of her stuff sorted and making lists of things she needs, etc. I think today will be her first adventure out into the wilds of Portland, all on her own. She's going to the QFC down the road.
She's also making plans to go visit her brother in just a week or two. My uncle and aunt live in eastern Oregon, so it's a drive, but the point is it's drivable. She'll get to see them more now that she lives in Oregon.
No comments:
Post a Comment