Snow day
We woke up to snow this morning. I could have risked it and taken Avery to school a bit late, but decided it wasn't worth it. So Avery and I are having a day at home. I've completed one major task that needed to be done this week, so I'm counting it as a successful day.
Avery has been playing very well by herself. In fact, she's been doing that since we got back from Colorado. I'm not sure what the Gs did to her, but I'm glad they did! It's a nice change of pace.
The snow had completely melted off by late afternoon, so we went out to dinner at Pastini's. The waitress was in love with Avery. I was on fire with my ability to crack Avery up tonight, tyvm, and the waitress heard Avery's belly giggle. She commented at least four times on how Avery was so cute and had the best laugh she'd ever heard. It was rather awesome. When she truly has a belly giggle, I must agree it's the best sound in the world. I mean to record it sometime and then make it my cell phone ring.
Living room project
One problem I immediately noticed with the cabinetry was a color difference between the trim and the fronts of the doors. The same color of paint was used, and they were given the same number of coats. However, the wood was slightly different and evidently the paint absorbed differently. They removed the cabinet doors to paint them and will reinstall them next week sometime.
The tile has been installed around the fireplace. They will need to grout it tomorrow. I love the hearth tile and like the tile surrounding the fireplace.
DST
Daylight Savings Time is kicking my ass this year. In the past, I've not really noticed a difference. This year, my body clock is all out of whack. It might be because of so much travel (which means disruptions in my routine) during the time change.
I bet Avery's thrilled to have all the toys to herself again! And what the heck do you eat at Pastini?
ReplyDeleteI can eat most things since they have two types of gluten free pasta from which to choose. It's kind of ironic because I started going to Pastini (so hard not to type Pastinis) much more often after I went gluten free. Lately I've just been doing a salad with chicken, but I love the chicken fettucini alfredo with gluten free spaghetti.
ReplyDelete