Habits
While I was on vacation, I read the book The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business. It basically describes what experts/scientists now know about how habits are formed in our brains. In brief, a habit is a cycle of: cue, routine, reward. Once a habit has been established, it's a permanent part of our brain. We can create a new habit by substituting a new routine using the same cue and reward, but the old habit is always there and can come back easily. Habits are very, very powerful, yet they are fragile in that they can be disrupted and replaced if we choose to focus on it. This is a very high level summary. The book is worth reading if you have any interest whatsoever in the subject matter.
Cleaning and Reorganizing
I'm cleaning my office and reorganizing the contents while I finish up the RSVP cards.
And apparently I don't feel like blogging. I shall post this rather than just abandon it.
No comments:
Post a Comment