Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

While

It seems it's been a while since I posted. In that time, the following has happened:

  • Avery had her last day of school for the year. That was Wednesday. Thursday we had an all-school picnic, so it was almost like she had school that day in terms of time management. Friday, then, was her first full day of summer vacation. She didn't stop talking all.day.long. I don't care how much you love someone. If they talk constantly, it's bound to wear on you eventually. 
  • Thankfully, I know Avery needs to be Busy. She needs to use up her words and energy somewhere. This week that place is dance camp! Yesterday when I dropped her off, she was clinging to me and apprehensive to go in. Today she didn't say goodbye and just took off for the dance room. Last night she showed us her new dance moves. I don't know what they taught the kids, but what she absorbed was hand and arm movement. 
  • Next week is her sports & circus camps (sports is just 45 min each day, where as the circus is a half day each day). The following week is her totally free week with no camps. Then the next week, she starts summer camp with her school three days/week. 
  • I made it to one Crossfit class. True to form, I thought I took it easy, but my abs were killing me for several days afterwards. I am leaving for today's Crossfit class shortly. How people manage to do a Crossfit workout everyday, I'll never know. I guess it's because they're in really good shape and they don't mind constant pain?
  • I signed up for a year's subscription for online Spanish via Rosetta Stone. It's going well. I'm doing it almost everyday and more seems to have sunk in than when I tried the Rosetta Stone CDs several years ago. We'll see. I'm not sure how much has sunk in without the visual cues for prompting. I do wake up and just mutter random words/phrases in Spanish: "una bicicleta!" and "en los estados unidos." 
  • For Fathers' Day, we went to see Madagascar 3 (funnier than I thought it'd be). For date night, we went to see Prometheus (meh).

2 comments:

  1. When you have free time, we'd love to hang out. Perhaps we could hit the food carts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I should've read this before I sent that last email. All my scheduling questions have been answered. :)

    ReplyDelete