Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pee

Pee emergency!
The other day Mom's Realtor was showing us some houses. Before we left the house to meet him, I noticed that Avery's tummy was huge. This happens when she drinks a ton of liquids and hasn't yet gone potty. Yes, she can hold so much urine in her that you can physically see that she needs to pee. My daughter truly amazes me in this way. Anyway, she replied no, which I clearly knew to be false. Nonetheless, since she's always been self-managed with regards to when she goes, I let it go.

We got in the car and drove the first house. We were a bit early, so the Realtor wasn't there yet. Avery suddenly, yet not surprisingly, says she has to go pee "really bad." When I can physically see that she needs to go AND she says so, then it's urgent. She's never had an accident, but I don't really want an accident to happen with that amount of urine. I put my thinking cap on and decided our best course of action was to have her pee in something in the car. I looked around and decided the best thing would be one of the plastic cereal containers I use for holding composting, recycling, and garbage. (BTW, lesson one when having your child pee in a container is to remove the contents of said container BEFORE allowing him/her to pee - yeah, I didn't do that.) Avery filled that thing half full. Mom's face was a sight to behold when she saw the volume. I then had to deal with the contents. I decided to dump it onto some ground across the street. Of course, I had to keep the solid contents (the trash) in the container while dumping the pee. It was less than pleasant, but very amusing.

Townhome
Mom has put a townhome under contract!  The quality of the home itself and the community is, we believe, very good value for the money. It's a leisurely 10 minute drive from our place. That's with traffic. If there's no traffic it's probably more like 8.

What else? The community has a pool, so I know someone who will be wanting to visit Nain a lot during the warm summer months. It has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, so plenty big enough for Mom to have guests stay at her house. It's got a small outdoor space out back for Barkley.

Assuming everything goes well with the inspection, etc, she should close on July 13th.

Movie Saturday
Saturday was a movie day for us. Mom, Damian, Avery and I went to see Brave in the afternoon. I really enjoyed it, despite the princess theme. Why must all girl stuff be related to princesses?

Since it was our date night, we also got to see a movie that night. Mom, Damian and I went to see Safety Not Guaranteed, which I loved. It was the perfect length. This type of movie usually results in me waiting and waiting for the end. Not once was I anxious for the end, but when it came it was perfectly done.

2 comments:

  1. By "plastic cereal container" do you mean one of those bags that's inside a box of cereal? Just trying to gauge exactly HOW MUCH volume it was. :)

    Exciting about your mom's potential new place--I've been thinking about her the past few days, so (so!!) glad she's here and not still in CO. It must sicken her to watch the news right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not the bag. A hard plastic container that one might transfer cereal into. Like these: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KSaNSE3jcTQ/Tclr91eOxUI/AAAAAAAAB20/gspe4mi2ZA0/s1600/076.JPG.

    ReplyDelete