Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Dress

Megan does crafty things
I accomplished a few crafty things recently. I'm moderately pleased with both. First, I recovered a hat box from Ikea with some decorative paper from Collage.

Boring hat box from IKEA before crafting

Brilliant box from IKEA after crafting

And last night for craft night (which totally rocked with just Christie and me, tyvm to those who bailed!), I started a dress for Avery. It's made from one of D's old work shirts. I had to draw the pattern myself, which I totally suck at for those wondering. This afternoon when I picked up the project to finish it, I sewing both arm holes shut. But I pushed through and finished. I made a few modifications. First, the belt for the tutorial has three separate bands of 1/4" elastic. I substituted a single band of 2" elastic and called it good. Also, I didn't put elastic in the arm holes since Avery didn't object and I think elastic around arms is uncomfortable. I'm kind of curious how much better a second one might be, but I'm not sure I'm curious enough to push forward with it. Time will tell.


I told Avery to strike a p ost and this is what she did. Not bad, eh?
Kids with iPhones
I was downloading photos from my phone to the computer a moment ago. This one came down with it. I didn't do it, so Avery must have done it while she was playing with my phone.


Speaking of kids and iPhones, we had given Avery my old iPhone (though with no phone service) when I got the 4s.  Then D got water on his at Nolan's BD party.  Since then, it thinks he always has headphones plugged in. So D is now using my old iPhone to get him through to October when the iPhone 5 is released. So our poor, poor 4.5 yo has no iPhone. Sad, sad story, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Home made dresses and no iPhone. You know she's telling her kids this story. And it's going to sound like the lyrics to Coat of Many Colors.

    And by the way, it's seriously adorable.

    ReplyDelete