Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Closet

Paint!Today is the first day Mom and I will be painting in her new house*. We have thrown up some paint samples, but haven't painted anything for good yet. Today we're going to paint a closet. We move slowly but surely. 

For a housewarming gift, D and I are giving Mom professional painting. So those painters will do the main parts of the house and all ceilings next week. Mom and I will take care of painting the bedrooms upstairs, as well as the bathroom walls. I'm actually looking forward to painting since it's been a long time since I've painted. I gained a lot of experience that time RHG made me paint her new kitchen in Denver, not once, but twice.

I think Mom has decided on her bedroom and office colors. She's still thinking through the guest bedroom and is very close to deciding the kitchen color. It's all very exciting and a bit exhausting.

*It's a townhome, not a stand-alone house, but I'm going to call it a house from here on out because it's easier to type. 

Shooting
When I heard about the shooting at the theater in Colorado, I heard it was in Aurora, but for some reason placed Aurora in Arvada (another suburb) in my mind. Later that day I realized that the shooting happened at the same theater D and I frequented twice a week for a couple of years.

There's really not much to say about something so senseless and horrific, so I'll leave commentary to those more articulate about such matters.

Partiamo
D's annual company getaway is called Partiamo (the same name every year, regardless of the theme). Last year the theme was hipsters. This year it's the 20's. I ordered my dress, via Etsy, the other day. We'll see how it fits. Please let it be more flattering than last year's horror. At least out of last year's dress, Avery got a great dress for playing dress-up.

Anyway, here's the dress I bought. Fingers crossed that it'll look OK.



Dress up
Avery's interest in my high heels is at a peak at the moment. She found the pair I wore to RHG's wedding and is currently clunking around the house in those. They remind me of my childhood because my best friend had a pair the exact same shape and height, only hers were covered in a horrible blue floral print whereas mine are just cork.

No comments:

Post a Comment