Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mexico(12)

Disneyland(2)*
This trip started off a little rocky for me. We landed in LA on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning, we hit California Adventure Land (right across from Disneyland - you get access to both parks if you buy the parkhopper pass, which we did). It was hot. I drank a lot. I was vigilant about making sure I didn't get hungry. Nonetheless, about 3:00 I started to feel the signs of a headache coming on. By 4:00 I was back at the hotel napping. I thought that would take care of things. However, I woke up at 6:00 with my headache being very bad. D left for the airport about then. I decided that I needed to get Avery and me some food right away, so we hopped over to a restaurant near the hotel and ordered food to go. As I'm waiting for it, the headache is getting worse and worse. I'm getting nauseous and starting to feel hot. I take Avery with me in the bathroom and vomit (sidenote: it does not alarm Avery to hear me vomit). It took a while for our food to be done. During that period, my head went from really bad to even worse. It felt like my brain was swelling and pushing against my skull. We get back to the hotel room where  vomit some more. I text Christie and ask her to bring water and milk (the latter being for Avery) on her way back to the room. I figured if I got a lot of water into me, that would fix things. I suspected I was "just" dehydrated. Of course, drinking water only resulted in me throwing it up. This went on ALL night. It was awful. I finally fell asleep about 3 or 4 AM. I woke up and my headache was still there and my stomach was still iffy. Thank goodness for Christie. That woman took both children to Disneyland and had them on 20 different attractions/rides before I was finally able to join them at 4:30 that afternoon. Maybe if you haven't done Disneyland, 20 doesn't seem like an impressive number, but trust me, it's unreal to me. If our situation was reversed, I have no doubt that number would not have exceeded 5 in that time. Seriously. I have no idea where Christie gets her stamina, but I want me some of that.

The afternoon/evening after I joined them was great. The park was cooler, a bit less crowded (though still very busy), and I was doing my best to relax as we walked around. We did the roller coaster in Toonland (RHG - this is the one we did with Jay and your kids last time) twice, then headed over to CA Adventureland to go on Soarin' Over California. That ride was awesome. It was one of my two favorites. My other favorite was Radiator Springs Racers. I didn't think I'd like either as much as I did.

Mexico(12) ... Avery(9) Megan(12)
Airport checkin for our Mexico flight was a bit frustrating, but after that it was smooth sailing. Easy plane ride, fastest time yet through immigration, bags came out immediately, both Christie & I got green lights at customs (you press a button and it randomly gives you a red or a green; green you go on, red they search a bag). We immediately located the shuttle people. The guy said it was the same price if they left with us immediately as if we waited to see if there were others on our flight going to Loreto Bay, so off we went. It was, by far, the easiest trip to the casa yet.

The great room of the casa had the air conditioning turned on (thanks to our property manager Jenny who turns it on prior to our arrival), but the bedrooms were roasting hot. It is HOT here in September. And humid. But I like it that way.

The swimming pool is like a bathtub it's so warm. Again, I love it. There's not even a momentary chill when getting in. In fact, at one point I had to get out of the pool to cool off. Awesome. It wouldn't be awesome if we were using the pool for exercise, but we are using it for fun.

Avery is truly swimming. She still hasn't gotten side breathing down, but she can roll to her back and do a float to get air, then start swimming again. She can hold her breath for a long time. She loves to jump in the pool. She loves to thrown in the pool. She is able to do flips into the pool (going from a ledge already within the pool since that seems safter to me).

Avery and Henry are getting along superbly. There has been very little bickering at all. Mostly they run around and play with caterpillars or look at snails when we're at the casa. The swimming pool is all fun, all the time.

Yesterday afternoon, after our nap, Avery and I wandered out to the beach to join Henry and Christie. Unfortunately  Avery cut her foot on a sharp rock in the sea, so we had to turn back. Fortunately, it wasn't a deep cut and stopped bleeding quickly. I sanitized it, applied Neosporin, put on a bandage and she's just fine.

We've decided to make due with just buying stuff from the nearby little store rather than go into town at all. We do have the number for a cab driver should we wish to head into town, but I'm quite content to just hang out here.

* The headings - Megan(12) or Avery(9) - represent the number of trips. Since this is my blog, Mexico(12) means I've made 12 trips to Mexico (well, to Loreto. I've been to one other place in Mexico, but I'm not counting that one). Avery's been here 9 times. We've been to Disneyland twice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment