Vegas
We had a great time on our annual trip to Vegas with our friends, Vic and Mike. It was their first weekend away from Bear, who will turn 1 this coming weekend. Mike's dad did call them at 5 am one morning to tell them everything was going great, but other than that, it seemed like a much needed break for them. These weekends away are, for me, no longer about getting away from parenthood as much as they are about reconnecting with good friends and enjoying good food. We ate at several great restaurants: Joël Robuchon, Lotus of Siam, RM Seafood (Rick Moonen's restaurant) . I highly recommend all three restaurants should you find yourself in Vegas hungry and unsure where to go to satisfy this hunger.
Vic and D played poker. I read (Gang Leader for a Day). I toured the shark reef in Mandalay Bay. I played Scramble with Friends and Hanging with Friends obsessively, as I have been for the past month or two - sigh - such a time sucker. I ate a lot of frozen yogurt.
Avery, meanwhile, had a wonderful long weekend with Nain. They went to the zoo, went swimming, went shopping, went to the library, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting. Each call we got Avery was very happy and didn't seem to miss us at all, yet she was thrilled when we got home. I love coming home to Avery. It was awesome when Mom left last night (she picked us up at the airport). I hugged Mom and Avery saw. Then she yells to D that he should hug Nain. He does so. Then she says we need a group hug! I should note she's commanding all these things from her throne, well, THE throne. After she finished and washed her hands, she came out and we had a big group hug. Avery loves a good group hug.
Chair
Good news! Ethan Allen agreed to make us the chair for our sectional that they've stopped selling. This is by far the easiest and cheapest solution to our first world dilemma.
First Day
And now it's time to pick Avery up from her first day of pre-k! I did take the obligatory first day picture, but I haven't downloaded it to the computer yet. In due time, people.
No comments:
Post a Comment