Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

week(4) 2013

Week 4, January 20 - January 26

random
I just rearranged my office, yet again. I guess my hobby is finding places to put items used in my supposed hobbies. I have a whole lot of furniture crammed in my office, but I guess an office is meant to be used. --- Sunday
D missed his flight home last night. It was a looooongg weekend, so I was not pleased. I kept wondering why this weekend was long since it's not like I haven't been with A on my own plenty of weekends. And during the week, I do almost all the childcare because of D's schedule. The I realized it's because of Abbie. Abbie is like having a toddler in the house. A toddler who fascinates and scares Avery. It's not Avery I need a break from, it's Abbie. As I always say, it's a good thing puppies are so damn cute. --- Monday

Abbie
Abbie has two beds: one is in the living room in front of the fire place; the other is in my office under my desk. She has three crates: one in my car; one in our bedroom (where she sleeps at night); one in the kitchen. We have plenty o' places for her to sleep and relax. You can see where my priorities lie. She also has a bin full of toys kept in the living room. 
Crate training is going a little better. Last night I was able to put her in the crate in the kitchen and leave the room to go upstairs to read to Avery. Every other attempt at this has resulted in her crying and whining the entire time I'm gone. This time, she did it for about 1-2 minutes, then settled down quietly. --- Sunday
Potty training is not going well. Poop accidents are now happening. Just when it seems as if progress could be happening, we take two steps back. Sigh. I could analyze with this is so, but instead I shall sit here and feel sorry for myself. The one highlight of all this is that she's good at night. I can put her in the crate at 9/10 (or whenever I go to bed) and she can make it until at least 6 without whining to get out. Yesterday she made it past 7. So at least there's that. --- Monday
PT continued ... After a horrible 24+ hours of several pee and poop accidents in the house, Abbie, for the first time, scratched the door to go outside to pee.  I am obsessed with the thought of getting the carpet cleaners in here. While I'm not a germaphobe (RHG can attest to this) the thought of having urine and poo in my carpet for any length of time (despite my cleaning of such spots) grosses me out. I was so grateful when today's earlier poop accident at least happened on the hardwoods. I guess I should also be thankful that Abbie seems to handle most food without intestinal distress (fingers crossed that remains true). --- Monday
After a horrible three days of Abbie potty training, D arrived home from his trip and said we're doing it D's way now. So it's in the crate or outside for Abbie until she learns where to potty. I've amended it to be she can be inside with me on the leash. --- Tuesday 
Potty training is getting somewhat better, but she's still not there. Last night, in the evening, let her our of her crate to go outside. She made a beeline to avoid the door and then peed on the kitchen floor as a result. She is currently asleep underneath my desk. Lest you think she spends her whole life in her crate, she gets to go with me on most trips, we do at least once daily walks, she is near me when I'm on the computer (either on her bed or under my desk), and we have puppy play sessions where she just tears through the house like a crazy puppy.  --- Thursday 
Christie came over yesterday to help me out with introducing Abbie and Barkley. Since Barkley is a bit weird around Mom sometimes (protective isn't exactly the right word - more like he's less predictable with other dogs maybe because her attention is diverted? who knows), I decided that I didn't want Mom to be there when Abbie and Barkley met. Mom took Avery and Henry to the park while Christie walked Barkley and I walked Abbie. The meeting between the two was just fine. The walk with the two was just fine. The playing in the yard was just fine. All was just fine. At one point, I left Abbie and Barkley out on the deck and came inside. I was watching them when I saw Abbie get all scared of Barkley. However, nothing Barkley did should have caused this. He's good about not pursuing her if she is backing away from him. Anyway, I now I have no worries about having the two of them here together. They'll usually be apart anyway since Barkley prefers to be outside and Abbie prefers to be anywhere I am. --- Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment