Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

selling

I'm madly prepping our house to go on the market. While I was on vacation, the hardwood floors were refinished. This week new carpeting will go into the living room, up the stairs, in the hallway upstairs and in one room upstairs. After that, I will get the rest of the carpets shampooed.

There are a few minor repairs to be made outside. My realtor had a contract take a look last week. Once we have an acceptable bid, we'll hopefully get those done this week or next.

The floors were stained a darker color at my request. They look great, but they also so dust/dirt. I cannot imagine trying to keep them clean, along with the new carpeting, with Abbie and Avery. Mostly with Abbie. She still has excitement pee accidents, can get dirty going out into the yard, etc. As such, I've decided that Avery and I will move in with Mom until we move to our new place in mid-June. It shouldn't require too much work since I can go back and forth for items. I will also be over there often to start packing, giving away, selling stuff. I think being here will actually help that process since when I go over there, the only reason I will be there is to Do Something. So I won't dilly dally around.

On Tuesday Abbie meets the HOA board member(s?) who need to approve her for moving into the townhome. Needless to say, she'll have the heck exercised out of her on Tuesday. :) And I'll be bringing a clicker and high value treats. She super mouthy right now. That's the only thing I'm worried about (I'm not actually worried, more just aware of the potential hiccup).

So it's all chugging along nicely. Fingers crossed it continues to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment