And we're back! It was great! I am so glad it happened. It was just what I needed to get a new spring in my step this spring.
Disclaimer: I wish D had come on vacation with us. But he didn't and I sure as heck wasn't going to waste it wishing he'd come, so I made the best of it.
We didn't do much of anything. Beach, pool, pool, eat, beach, pool, pool, eat. Laugh and drink and have fun. Perfection.
Avery & Bear were so unbelievably cute together. Bear adores Avery. He'd imitate her and wanted to hold her hand when we'd walk places. Just so sweet. Her name is in vocabulary as is "Moo." Vic calls me Moo, so I'm Aunt Moo to Bear. It was so cute when he'd look at me and point and say "Moooo." I think it bonds us ... him having a name like Bear and me being Moo.
The weather was perfect for my taste. I was never cold and I was rarely uncomfortably hot. The only time I felt the heat was when I was standing in directly in it for a long time. Otherwise, it was perfect. I never needed to worry about a sweater at dinner (which I do in Hawaii). At the pool there were always sun shades and loungers available. The pool wasn't crazy with kids, but had enough that I didn't feel the need to shush Avery. Basically, the whole thing was a perfect balance for me.
The flights - 3 there, 3 back - went so smoothly, even with some extremely tight connections. I wasn't stressed in the least on travel days. Avery was, as usual, stellar. That girl knows how to shape up on travel days.
The best part of it all was seeing and hanging out with Vic and Mike. I can totally be myself. We laugh and joke and catch up. And it's always so casual. I don't have to worry about being too slovenly for them. They don't care! Perfect.
Anyway, back into the swing of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment