- The move on Monday went well. The three guys I hired were great to work with and nothing was damaged. I highly recommend College Movers if anyone has in-town moves.
- The movers had to go back since all of my stuff didn't fit in the truck the first time (my fault since I did a pretty bad job explaining the volume of stuff). One guy stayed behind to help me put together the beds in my room and Avery's room while the other two went to get the second load. I was explaining how I had mapped out, down to the inch, the size of the rooms and the size of the furniture going into those rooms. This 19yo kid says, "That sounds like something my mom would do!" Yep. I could be the mother to a 19yo (if I'd started really young). Fortunately, I'm so freakin' happy to be in this place that it didn't bother me one bit.
- 19yo movers think that an antique adding machine is a typewriter.
- 19yo movers think large bags of baking soda are kitty litter.
- The location of my new place is even better than I realized. I seriously couldn't be happier with the location or my place. Everything is within short walking distance. I have so many restaurants to choose from. Be prepared for me to rave about this for many posts to come. I don't know if it's that the location is that spectacular in general, or if it's just so much better (for me) than the suburbs, but I love it.
- I'm very happy with the furniture purchases I made off craigslist. The bed is great. The desk is great, too. I had to install it a bit lower than is ideal, but it'll do for now. I might have the desk shortened on one side so it can be installed higher, but not for a while. The new kitchen table is a good shape and I don't hate it since it's mostly obscured by chairs. I have no desire to replace it anytime soon.
OK, I skipped a weekend on the coast to stay home and pack. Avery and Nain joined the G family at a beach house we got for free as an exchange for letting them use our Mexico house. It's apparently a very nice house, so I must make the most of my unpacking/organizing time. I'm off!
No comments:
Post a Comment