Saturday, June 17, 2006
Loreto Bay = Good Choice
When we bought the house in Loreto Bay, I went searching for other blogs out there on Loreto Bay. I found one written by a woman who is living down there with her temporarily retired husband (he had a heart attack a few months ago and they just packed up and moved down there to get away from stress). They've also got a young daughter (6 ish?) who is in school down there. Anyway, when they first moved down, they were living in the town of Loreto and renting a house. Now their house in Loreto Bay is done and they are living in it. Her most recent post talks of having dinner and activities with neighbors on their terraces in the evenings. She writes, "I've suspected for a long time that people today miss this intimacy in living. I have complained mightily about the loneliness and disconnect of living in the suburbs." That sentiment rings true for me. This was truly one of the things that I loved about being down there and the idea of the community that is being built. The location is beautiful, but it's really the community that drew me to Loreto Bay more than the sea and mountain views.
Labels:
LB general
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment