Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Menu Reviews

I made Farfalle With Red Grapes and Watercress for dinner tonight. It was delicious despite the odd ingredients. Only problem is that it was 457 calories per serving and D and I ate 4 servings between the two of us. Ugh. I would still recommend this as a unique salad to people. I got it off of the Washington Post website. Click here for the recipe - it all sounds very odd to combine those ingredients, but it really does work. I followed the recipe to a tee (adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice ... that's an optional ingredient).

The Asian Turkey Burger we had last night (and for lunch for me today) was very nice, as well. I don't think I'd enjoy it much without ketchup, but I found I only needed 1 tablespoon of ketchup per burger. I made the patties way smaller than what the recipe seemed to call for. I also found it was perfect as an open faced sandwich rather than using both sides of the bun. Edited 7/20: Oddly, it seems that I would now I have to pay to view his recipe, whereas a couple of days ago, I viewed and printed it for free. Anyway, if anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll send it to you.

The heat wave that the rest of the country has been experiencing is due to hit us tomorrow with temperatures up to 105 degrees this weekend. I pick these days of all days to refinish the table. Brilliant. Speaking of which, the project is moving along. I'll need to Home Depot to get a few more things to help with sanding, but I won't need any power tools, so it shouldn't cost too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment