Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Project Announcements

OK, my trip to the nursery didn't go well. Not because I couldn't find anything I like, but because there were just too many flowers and plants and pots. I couldn't make any decisions because I really don't know what I want. I'm not usually indecisive, so this is difficult. I did, however, find that hanging flower baskets are on sale, which leads me to:

Project 1 - Install hanging flower baskets from upper deck
I went to Home Depot and bought hooks. I figure the first step is to install the hooks from the bottom of our upper deck, then purchase the plants. I have no idea how one installs hooks, but I'm assuming you just screw them in. Man, I really need a tutor for this stuff. I get so frustrated because I have no idea where to start.

Here are some pictures to help you all envision what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of maybe three hanging plants which would hang from the upper deck at evenly spaced intervals.

And then maybe two more from the other open side of the upper deck.



Project 2 - Refinishing the patio table
I have also decided to, ta-da!, refinish the patio table. I figure there is no possible way I can make it look worse than it currently does, so what do I have to lose? I bought sand paper as a first step. I'm going to see how hard it is to get it sanded down by hand. It seems to me that most of the finish is already ripped off, so maybe I'm halfway there? I might have to break down and go buy fancier equipment, but let's see how I do with the old-fashioned approach first, shall we?

Here are some before pictures of the table:


And a close-up:

I also took some pictures of the back pots and backyard. I cannot believe how quickly the trees against the back fence have grown. There were about 1.5 feet high when they were planted in Feb. 2005.




No comments:

Post a Comment