Made it to the gym about 11:30 to workout today. We'd planned on doing weights in addition to cardio. D succeeded; I only managed to do biceps before freaking out at all the people around and the noise and ran into the locker room to shower. Sigh. Such a weird phobia.
Following the gym, we had lunch in the Pearl District, after which we decided to check out the prices and availability of condos going up. After talking to the woman for a while, the plans looked very appealing, but any tentative plans to switch were dashed at the pet restrictions in most of the buildings: up to two dogs totaling no more than 65 lb. Just one of our dogs doesn't fit that criteria. I'm sure not all buildings in that area have the same restriction, but this developer is doing many of the new buildings going up and she said she heard that the restriction was getting even tighter. I'm convinced that apartment dogs have better lives than those in the suburbs because you have to take them for a walk. You can't just throw them out in the back yard and think that's enough stimulation for a dog - a temptation I'm well aware of and have often given into. At least city dogs get to see new areas and sniff and go for walks, and many get to go to daycare on a regular basis. That said, if we ever do make the switch to a condo, I wouldn't replace T&E (not that T&E can ever be replaced, of course) with more large dogs - we'd have to go to medium-sized dogs.
We then went and purchased an ottoman for our living room chair since they were 20% off. It's not an exact match to our chair, but will have the same fabric, so I think it'll be good.
We went out for drinks with some friends last night, so no movie. We'll probably go see The Illusionist tonight since that is the one D is pushing to see.
Now I'm trying to get myself psyched to walk the dogs ... always more of a challenge for me on the weekends, but I will manage it eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment