Yesterday I decided to join D and his coworkers for an evening poker game. I wasn't originally going to go, but then decided that I should force myself to leave the house and try to be social, even if it's only for a little while. I had a good time and not just because D and I came in .... 1 and 2. There were 11 of us starting, so it was a pretty good-sized pot. We had about the same amount of chips when we were heads up, so we just agreed to chop the pot and not play it out. Another thing that made me go play was that I realized I'm going to have to play about three hours our first night in Vegas in October. We have tickets to a show on Friday night and need to get our 6 hours of poker in to get the Friday night poker rate on the room - the only way we'll have enough time to do this is if both D and I play 3 hours. I figure I can burn 3 hours at a lower stakes table and not risk losing too much if I play really tight...not a problem for me. Of course logically, if I do not achieve this, then it might be cheaper to pay the full room rate.
We failed to get up and workout again this morning. Neither of us has been sleeping well. Last night the dogs started barking at 3:30 and kept it up for a while. I am not sure what set them off, but I could hear other dogs in the neighborhood barking, as well.
We've been watching the first season of The Amazing Race and I'm kind of glad we didn't watch it originally. It's really not very good. The editing has gotten much better, as have some of the rules of the game. Also, the people on the first season are really not nice people. One woman is constantly kicking her boyfriend when he's down (figuratively) and I'm thinking why would he stay with her? She can't even keep her mouth shut and stop nagging him when he's clearly struggling. Be a little nice! And she wants him to propose. He'd be absolutely nuts to do that when she's so inconsiderate of his feelings. Interestingly, we watched Fear Factor after that episode and it happened to be Ex Factor, where couples that have broken up are competing as teams. It was quite interesting to see how much nicer the couples who had broken up were to each other than those people who are still together on The Amazing Race. It's like people think just because they're together, it gives them the right to be awful to each other. Very odd.
Time for a dog walk and workout.
typically, you don't need to play the hours for the day ON that actual day. e.g. if I am staying Friday and Saturday then I need 12 hours and I can just get all of those hours on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteMavMomma
Cool. I did call to verify and they are indeed cumulative. I might still have to play that night because I don't think D will want to play that much on Saturday, but maybe I'll only have to play an hour or two.
ReplyDelete