Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Bloggable Conversations

Stages of conversational topics between a couple walking down a hotel hallway to their room:

Pre-Marriage: Passion
Both: Oh, I can't wait to get into the room! Come on! Hurry up!!!

Year 1 of Marriage: Romance
Spouse 1: I love you so much.
Spouse 2: I love you too. We're so lucky to have found each other.
Spouse 1: Indeed.

Year 2 of Marriage: Restful Vacations
Spouse 1: It's nice to get away from home.
Spouse 2: Indeed. I wonder how the dogs/kids are doing?
Spouse 1: Just fine I'm sure.

Year 3 of Marriage: General Observation
Spouse 1: This is a nice hotel.
Spouse 2: Sure is.

Year 4 of Marriage: Bad Odor Avoidance Planning
Spouse 1: I call the bathroom.
Spouse 2: Wait, you don't have to poop do you?
Spouse 1: No, not right now. [Pause] Do you?
Spouse 2: No.
Spouse 1: Good, because I might have to go again later and I don't want it to stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment