Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Stain
ARGH! I really wanted to type another word there, but I didn't. I called the painter back in July (maybe even June) about getting our front door stained and sealed. He said, sure, he'd put us on the list and then never showed up. I would call every few weeks to find out if he'd forgotten about us and he would say he would be out next week. So I just call him now and first he says he'll be out this week, then he realizes I'm not who he thinks I am and says no, maybe I should find someone else to do it. It's fine with me to use someone else, but it sure as hell would have been nice to know this back in August when the weather wasn't about to turn constantly rainy. He kept assuring me he'd get to it. This is why I could never work with contractors or with redoing a house or any of that stuff. It enrages me that they don't have a natural sense of ethics or even just a sense of being courteous. At least, I've not really had a situation where I haven't had to track them down repeatedly to get something done. At this point, I'm this close to telling D that he's going to be in charge of all maintenance of wood products. ARGH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment