I love this article on YME about a group of people in San Francisco who gave up consumerism for a year. They decided to not buy anything new for an entire year with excepted items including food, shampoo, toothpaste and other health and safety items. Having the Indoor Composter and being a pretty stringent recycler has made me realize how much I really buy since I'm constantly categorizing the trash and moving recyclables to the appropriate spot. Yes, some of that trash is D's, but it's mostly me since I do almost all the purchasing. I admire that they took on this challenge, but it's not something I could attempt anytime in the near future. Plus, I know exactly what I'd do: go out and stock up on key things and that would defeat the purpose. Nonetheless, I admire the effort and the idea. Perhaps I'll try it for a week sometime.
We have a video camera that I asked for a couple of years ago which records straight to DVD. I think we've used it maybe three times and all of those were for when our nephew was here for Christmas. It's too much of a hassle to get it out and figure out how to use it, etc. However, now that my camera has video on it, I wanted to get a video of how good of a snuggler Eddie is. Unlike even 6 months ago, Eddie doesn't jump up with as much enthusiasm anymore - I think because he's sore. However, he can still position himself into optimal snuggling position and somehow manages to put almost no body weight on me when he does it.
Today is errand day! I must return several things, recycle the Styrofoam peanuts, mail a package to DM, have my ring inspected and cleaned, and pick up various other things while out and about. This is one of the better aspects of not having a job to me: I don't have to waste a precious weekend day running boring errands.
I heard your voices and saw nothing but black.
ReplyDeleteDad
that video is just too cute! dogs rule...
ReplyDeleteI love that video! Each time I play it it makes me smile.
ReplyDeletemom