Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1301

This is my 1,301st post.  That's a lot of blathering, people. Onward.

I woke up to snow this morning, so my plans to go volunteer today were canceled.  The cleaners have also been rescheduled for Thursday due to the weather.  D tried to go to work, but had to abandon the car at the top of the hill and come home. 


Check out this article in the NYT about a 344 sq. ft apartment in Hong Kong that can be reconfigured into 24 different rooms.  Pretty cool.

Yesterday, Avery and I tried out the music class at Gymboree with Christie & Henry.  The class itself wasn't great, but I think Avery would love one of the other gym classes, so maybe we'll try one of those next. 

I have just discovered I have many outstanding games on Word Twist.  Screw blogging!

5 comments:

  1. We did both music and gym classes at Gymboree and Reese seemed to enjoy the gym classes much more. We eventually switched her to gymnastics classes at a "real" gym, but I think the Gymboree classes are better when they're younger since they're allowed to break off from the group and play on their own. I have friends that go to Little Gym and like it as well. It's the same concept as Gymboree, but I think they have different equipment such as balance beams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the music class with Lillian and thought it was just ok. Love the gym classes though. If only for the social aspect for our stay at home kids. Also, a good teacher makes a big difference.

    I tried Word Twist yesterday but it runs really slow for me and requires manual submission of scores. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (edited) Megan - this reminds me of an article I read on the NYT related to small spaces from their Technology editor (David Pogue - whom I adore) which talked about a housing complex in Hong Kong where each resident only had 10 feet square (aka 100 sq. ft.) (a la dorm-style). This is a link to a photo essay of how each of the residents maximized their space: http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/06/09/09pogues-posts-2/?scp=17&sq=pogue%20apartment&st=cse

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1301? I will definitely have to delve in your archives one evening when there's nothing on TV!

    And I second (third?) the gym sentiment. My Avery loved those classes at your Avery's age. They're spendy but worth every penny, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete