Pages

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Back

Yesterday
I'm having a rather successful day.  This is in stark contrast to yesterday when I was so out of it that I didn't recall asking a question of D several times earlier in the day.  I kept asking the same thing over and over.  That's what 20 hours awake, followed by 3 hours of sleep, followed by a day of caring for a toddler will do to me.

In order to even make it through the day, I pushed play on Finding Nemo and then promptly fell asleep while Avery watched. I think she ended up playing much of the time, but I only woke up when I heard noises that were wrong or when Avery came over to show me something.  Stellar parenting skills, I know.

Avery napped for a total of 5 hours yesterday (1:15 and 3:45).  I napped those times, as well as the times I fell asleep while "watching" Avery.  Then, I went to sleep at 9:00 last night and slept until 6:00 AM this morning.  Clearly, I need my sleep in order to function, but that's not exactly news.

Dinner consisted of pizza for D, salad for me (because I don't like pizza, not because I was trying to be good), and noodles with chicken for Avery.  Hopefully I'll actually cook something tonight.
Vacation
From this point forward, before we leave for a vacation, I'll be placing an online grocery order to be delivered the day (or day after depending upon arrival time) we return from vacation.  I managed to order a few key items in my stupor yesterday, but it occurred to me that I should simply place the order ahead of time and then I'll be set. I'm not sure why this hadn't occurred to me before.  It makes so much sense. 
Online Shopping
While we were away, a few things arrived.  Avery now has her own potty.  She likes to sit on it, but when I asked if she'd like to go pee in it, she said no. Before we left, I had also ordered the smaller Butler Bag.  I bought a sample, but as has been the case with all other samples I've ever purchased, I can't find the flaw in it.  I think the smaller one will be more for me, though I can see needing the bigger one at times, too.  Another batch of Tea brand clothing has arrived for Avery.  I didn't much take to Tea when she was smaller, but now I am rather obsessed with it.  I really like the sleeve banded style dresses because they are practical when she's playing or running around. 
Movies
I've been a slacker at updating our movies seen on the side bar of this blog, but we have definitely seen a lot more than indicated there.  I'll get to it at some point.  D and I have decided to take Avery to see Up. I know it's a bit early to be taking Avery to the movies, but we have both been waiting and waiting to get to a point where she might understand some bits of a movie.  I think we're there.  This is the whole reason we wanted kids: to take them to movies!  That's not entirely true, of course, but it really is a major activity we have both been looking forward to.
Props
Finally, thanks to the G's who picked us up from the airport on Sunday night at 11:30 PM.  That's right, Rachele drove us to the airport at 5 AM and Jay picked us up at 11:30 PM.  And before he picked us up, he dropped the dogs off at our house with all their stuff.  I cannot say how much I appreciated that, especially after the stupor I found myself in yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of taking Henry to see Up myself. I'll be impressed if the kid makes it 30 minutes, although I'm resigned to the fact that I may have to leave the theatre much earlier if he gets too rambunctious - always a possibility when balls, balloons, cars, and bubbles are involved.

    ReplyDelete