Pages

Friday, March 05, 2010

Bend

Packing
I am busy tidying up the house and packing for my weekend in Bend with Amber.  Our flight leaves around 5 pm.  Rachele will pick Avery and me up this afternoon, drive us to the airport, drop me off, then take Avery home with her until D can pick Avery up after work.  Avery is so excited to go to Aunt Chele's house.  Yesterday, Avery and I popped over there to each lunch and Avery didn't want to leave.  In addition, this morning while Avery was playing a game of pretending to get on an airplane, her third flight (she's a frequent flier you know) was to "Aunt Chele's house."  The first two, for the record, were to Colorado to see Nain and then to California to see Pop Pop and Pop Pop Joy. 
Hard
An unexpected difficulty related to sending Avery to school two days per week: the day after that two day break is HARD!  Not so much because Avery is all that different from any other day, but because it's so very nice to have that break.  I need to make sure I have my Thursdays booked solid to make it through the day more easily.  We did keep ourselves plenty busy yesterday, but having something planned in advance is a different feeling. 
Brag
When I picked up Avery on Wednesday afternoon, the teacher said the other teachers were asking her how she got so lucky to have Avery in her class (I think mostly because Avery hasn't had any adjustment issues and is potty trained whereas most of the other kids aren't potty trained). 
Evening the Brag Out
Avery is going through a seriously difficult phase (at least difficult for me).  She wants to do everything herself, but then when I let her proceed to do it herself, she doesn't even try.  She just sits there and stares.  ARGH!  It is driving me crazy.  Before the dog walk yesterday, she insisted that she put on her shoes and socks herself, a skill she's had forever.  I said OK, then she just sat there, but if I tried to help, she'd yell, "No! Avery do it!" or "No, I do it!"  This insistence also comes with more whining, which had subsided a bit but is now back with a vengeance.

Thank goodness for this weekend away! Hopefully it'll recharge the patience reserves.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so very very jealous. Enjoy your weekend away! Also, we're available to help fill up those Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all my prescriptions filled and I'm ready to go! Well, I still need to pack but that will just take a sec. So looking forward to our little weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a side note, quickly skimming text on your blog and seeing the word "ARGH!"... actually makes me think you are typing "RHG!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @RHG - it's like I'm taking the name of The Rachele in vain.

    ReplyDelete