Pages

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

__________

__________
That title ... that is the sound of my house right now.  It's silent.  Totally silent.  Avery is at her first day of school!  We got all ready this morning, took the obligatory first day of school picture (though this is a first day of "school" picture), and got in the car to head there.


I am not sure what I expected to happen when I left the classroom.  Here is what did happen: we walked into the classroom, I signed Avery in, an aide to the teacher came over to introduce himself, he gave Avery something and asked her to take it to the teacher, Avery dutifully did so and then joined the circle of kids singing a good morning song, and I left the room.  No tears, no goodbye, nothing.  Avery didn't even know I left.  Part of me wanted to go over there and say goodbye and explain I'd be back later, but I knew if I did that, she'd end up crying and I'd disrupt this seemingly perfectly choreographed cord cutting.  I felt OK just leaving because I did explain to Avery this morning that I'd be leaving her at school and then picking her up later in the day.
Plans
With all my time I plan to relax, clean, walk the dogs, and get some shopping done before I pick up Avery this afternoon.  I can't believe I had this much time all the time before Avery arrived.  Weird. 
SouthLAnd on TNT tonight
SouthLAnd is a cop show that was originally on NBC and now it's on TNT.  I am so glad it got picked up by TNT because it is definitely far better than most cop shows on TV.  I highly recommend tuning in if you have nothing better to do. Tonight is the first new episode since it started airing on TNT.
Pop Pop
A few pictures from Pop Pop's recent visit.


5 comments:

  1. Eek, so exciting! Free time! No kid! I hope Avery's first day goes swimmingly and that it's a sign of many, many happy school days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay first day of school! So exciting for both you and Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, Avery! What an awesome first day experience. I'll see Rachele and raise her a 'where'd you get those cool shoes?'

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christie - I bought them at the Columbia employee store when we last got a vendor pass. I shall miss those vendor passes, though not having them will save us a bundle of money each year!

    ReplyDelete