Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Price

Angry Morning
Well, after yesterday's slip in TV restriction, last night wasn't bad in terms of angry child.  However, this morning was awful.  Everything set Avery off: she didn't want to take a shower; once in the shower, she didn't want to get out; she didn't want to shampoo her hair; she didn't want to comb her hair; she didn't want to get dressed; she didn't want to put on shoes; she didn't want to get in the car; you name it, she didn't want it.  Dropping her off felt both wonderful and awful after a morning like this.

I guess I should be thankful that the solution to this extreme behavior seems to be so simple: very little TV.  Let's see if I have learned my lesson. 
Eddie
I've got to figure out what to do with Eddie at night.  He's been getting progressively worse about waking me up at night.  He often lets himself into our room and then makes noise. This morning, he jumped on the bed at 6 am and woke not just me, but also Avery (who'd come into my bed an hour or so earlier) who then started demanding milk.  I don't need to be woken by both a toddler and a dog.

The problem is that Eddie will scratch on any door if he's in an area he doesn't want to be in.  I don't feel comfortable crating him given his knee.  And he hates the garage, so that will be a nightly struggle to get him into the garage.  However, I think the garage is my only viable option.
Wallow
And now, I'm going to wallow in self pity for several hours. 

6 comments:

  1. When I attempted to drop Josie off at school this morning, she had a total meltdown over her pants. She tried on several pairs of friends' pants but just couldn't get over the fact that she wasn't wearing her favorite "ballet pants." I didn't feel like her mood was going to improve at all so I just brought her home. Rough morning all around, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough morning indeed. Hats of to you for being able to change your plans. I was getting Avery to school this morning no matter how long it took me! Hopefully school turns things around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting out of the house in the morning is a major challenge. Somehow it brings out the worst in everyone at our house, especially the toddlers. I have determined that with Maddie, it has to do with wanting to be with me but also wanting to go to school and not knowing how to reconcile that. I loathe the wakeup-to-dropoff process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try reusing your old baby gate on the door to your room. The Dog (title case intentional) just might be happy enough close by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Darren - Excellent idea. I shall have to dig out the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Building a Better Teacher ............ know something of the content and be sincere and spirited. The info is free.

    ReplyDelete