Blah
That is what I feel like lately. Just blah. I managed to get a few key things done Monday morning, then spent the afternoon napping. We'll see what Tuesday has in store. ... I wrote that earlier. So far today has had me give up while shopping in Target, drive home, and fall asleep for three hours. Nice. I'm exhausted lately. Maybe I'm storing up my reserves for Mexico.
Freecycle
I decided to get the garage cleaned out of the items I've been accumulating for the purpose of giving away. Instead of doing mass posts of all items at once, I am posting one or two items at a time. That is making the process slower, of course, but also less chaotic. So far I've gotten rid of a printer, a dresser, and a baby swing (with a broken motor).
My goal is to get the garage cleaned out such that the dogs can spend more time out there, weather permitting. They're driving me crazy. As I've lamented again and again, I was not meant to have a baby/toddler at the same time as large dogs and that's all there is to it. It gives me little joy and that is not a good feeling.
I have been marginally better at walking them daily, which helps the situation somewhat, but Eddie has still started to take on annoying old-man-dog traits: sitting at our feet panting, refusing to listen to where he should go lie down, and generally just being very needy and omnipresent. Turtle is her usual wonderful self who blends into the background and, if given a daily walk, asks of nothing more. But the hair. Oh the hair. Sigh. Crap. I've written yet another section on dog hair.
Mother's Day
For Mother's Day yesterday, we met Nikki & Garrett & Grandma J (Nikki's mom) at a park for a picnic and swinging. It struck me at some point how natural the interaction felt to me. Nothing too weird about it. I think Nikki & Grandma J deserve all the credit for that. This visit was a lot less anxiety provoking for me, which confirms my observation that I seem to get most anxious when the visits take place here. Not having to prepare the house, even if I don't do much to prepare, takes a load off.
School
I called about our rate at Avery's school, which I was expecting to go down when she turned 2.5. It turns out it goes down when the youngest child in her class turns 2.5. This makes logical sense, but it definitely wasn't explained to me that way. I was told it would go down in July. The other thing I learned is this means she won't be in the same class as Lily. Lily is a week older, but her mom will be be paying the lower rate when she starts in June, which means that Lily must be one of the youngest in the class. I can see about getting Avery transferred into one of the other classes, but she loves Teacher Theresa. After thinking about this overnight, I'm just going to leave things the way they are. She really likes TT and feels comfortable so lower price be damned! She can still play with Lily during outdoor time.
Books
I finally finished Stones into Schools. I think I preferred Three Cups of Tea, but that might have simply been because of the order in which I read them. Both were excellent reads. I should have listened to you earlier, Mom. :)
I bought and downloaded The Help last night after analyzing the other books bought by people who bought Three Cups of Tea. Interestingly, the other book coming up as recommended for me is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which was recommended at the last Yummy Group. Perhaps that one will be next.
I'm reading The Help right now. Amber lent me her copy. I have two at the library I need to go and pick up. I'll have to put The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on my list.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed The Help and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is on my nightstand with a dozen other partially started books. I'm 3/4 through Great Expectations (talk about kickin' it old school) thanks to having downloaded it to my iPhone. Jim got me an iPad for Mother's Day so I'm hoping that I'll be able to actually finish more of the books I start reading.
ReplyDeleteI read the Girl with The Dragon Tattoo in one day when I was sick and couldn't sleep because of coughing. It is great!
ReplyDeleteFunnily enough, D is actually reading the second book in the trilogy (The Girl Who Played with Fire, I think). He picked it up at the airport and now wishes he'd read the books in order. I guess the second gives away the plot of the first. Anyway, I look forward to another great book!
ReplyDeleteI guess I should note this is funny because D and I very, very, very rarely have the same taste in books.
ReplyDelete