Full Disclosure
In the interest of full disclosure on a few subjects ...
- Remember that post a week or so ago when I talked about Avery's tantrums lessening? Well, the essence of the tantrum situation assessment remains accurate: they are lessening. That said, about five minutes after I clicked the post button, Avery had a big ol' tantrum. She was upset, I think, because I said no to carrying her up the stairs (I think I had something in my hands, but I can't remember exactly what set her off - just that it was so very minor). She finally made her way upstairs to where I was taking a shower and continued to have a fit because I took a shower without her, yet when I offered to let her come in, she would yell no and sit down and cry. She hadn't gone potty, as usual, in hours. I get out of the shower and get dried off and ready. During this time, she's now crying so hard her face is turning red and she's leaking out little drops of pee because, in that state, she won't do anything including sitting on the potty. I realize there is now enough pee eeked out to make it wrong to not make her take a shower or bath. I ask her which she prefers. Predictably she wants nothing and everything. Finally, I turned on the shower, picked up her in her jammies and all, then set her in the shower on the edge of the water. We have a large shower, so she wasn't directly under the water, but it was enough to get the back of her jammies wet. This snapped her right out of it and, after we removed her jammies, she proceeded to have a dandy time in the shower as if none of this had happened.
- I also blogged a while ago about Mid-Morning Megan betraying Morning Megan regarding weekends. We have yet to have a weekend where I have been able to make good on this. Sometimes it has been due to our schedule where sleeping in for either of us is moot and sometimes it's because D has woken up at some insanely early hour anyway. While I don't think anyone actually cares about accuracy in this (excepting RHG, because we all know RHG and I are all about accuracy :)), I felt it merited a follow-up so Future Megan doesn't think Past Megan was Super Megan.
- Oil cleansing method update. So, another month of this has revealed a few things for my skin. First, it is still, by leaps and bounds, the most effective way I've found to keep my cystic acne in check. However, I have to be really dedicated to doing it everyday, as well as using really hot wash cloths to steam with. If I slack off, there's an almost immediate downturn. Fortunately, because this method works so well for me, reestablishment of the routine quickly puts things back into check. I learned all this when I was in Colorado and didn't always follow my routine exactly. The second thing to note is that I have found that for non-acne congestion (whiteheads and blackheads), I do need to use a salicylic acid wash once a week. The oil cleansing method doesn't make this congestion any worse than it was before, but it doesn't clear it up either.
- I didn't workout at all this week. Boo. It was a tough week, though certainly not as tough as if I'd been sick along with Avery. It was mostly just tough due to an unexpected wrench being thrown into my routine. When I expect a routine change, I am marginally better at accommodating it. When it is unexpected, it seems to put me in an orbit of sloth. Not an excuse, but an observation.
Books & Kindle
I finished up Three Cups of Tea yesterday and am moving onto Stones Into Schools. I love reading on my Kindle so very much. I've read all sorts of opinions on e-book readers, many of which lament the loss of the actual book, with things like bindings cracking and the smell of a book being opened being a poetic description of why physical books are so great. I am not one of those people. I'm all about function over form. What the Kindle allows me to do is sit in any position I want, and be able to sit that way for any period of time, while still being able to turn pages and hold the reader. With a book, this is never true. I find, depending on where I am in a large book, I'm relegated to certain positions. I can't (well, don't feel like) explaining this if you don't immediately get what I'm talking about. It just makes reading so much more comfortable. And I'm all about comfortable.
OK, I am taking your word for it and trying the oil cleansing method starting tonight. I also love my Kindle. To the point that when people ask me if I have an iPad, I say "Why, when I have an iPhone and a Kindle?". I'm still waiting for a good answer.
ReplyDelete@KMK - Every few days, I've also started to steam my face, then put the oil on, then do the washcloth. This works even better for me. Plus, I just like the steam, so it's nice. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! I wish I'd discovered this earlier in life.
ReplyDelete