Blah
So I'm just feeling very, very blah right now. I manage to force myself out for the occasional activity with Avery, but mostly all I want to do is lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. Not cry, just stare, sometimes nap. I'm physically exhausted all the time. I'm thinking that the antidepressants may not be working very well. Perhaps I'll need to try another type this time. Who knows. All I know is that I spend most time during the day just thinking about when I can lay down and sleep or stare. Not good, people. Not good.
Considering the number of breaks I get from being a SAHP, the fact that I'm exhausted is baffling to me. Between Avery's school, D being quite helpful when he's home, and many date nights, I get more breaks than any other SAHP I know, yet I still feel like I'm slogging through mud on a daily basis. My exhaustion is basically a catalyst for self-loathing. Ah. Enough. Sorry.
Eddie
I took Eddie to the vet this morning. The vet was onboard with my opinion that no extraordinary measures should be taken for older dogs. It still cost us $280 since he's running a full bloodwork panel, but I was satisfied with his explanation for it: it will tell us if there are things that can be fixed with an easy pill, or if he's trending in a direction where we need to have a frank talk. As I typically am when in the midst of a difficult situation, I'm unemotional about it right now.
Eddie pooped in the car on the way to the vet. To make the situation even more smelly for the drive, Eddie moved to directly behind my seat to poop, then I had to brake suddenly at one point, rolling it even further in my direction. Fortunately, I brought poop bags and had plenty of wipees & antibacterial for my hands after the clean up. I'm so very thankful that Eddie has firm stools. I know that's a bit TMI, but firm stools are really something to be thankful for when your dog is suffering from incontinence.
Books
I'm now reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, as recommended by my friend Kristine. I'd read an article either about Henrietta Lacks or about the book a while back such that I was aware of the general subject matter, but I'm so glad to be reading the book. It would make a good book for a book club since the subject matter is open to all sorts of ethical debates.
TV
I'm done watching So You Think You Can Dance. I think I'm done with American Idol, too. I don't like the new format for SYTYCD this season and I'm tired of the judges fawning all over themselves and the choreographers.
Seriously?
I'm going to buy a scooter for Avery. She got to ride one for the first time at Elise's BD party and loved it. Since then, she has been pretending to ride a scooter around the living room using the wooden platter from a Plan Toys food set. Anyway, as I'm going to Amazon to order it, I scroll down the page and see this:
Seriously Amazon? People really buy three scooters of different colors at the same time? I really don't buy that.
Better than buying three of the same-colored scooters at the same time, right? (Maybe?)
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling blah... I know how miserable short stints of that are, so I can only imagine the frustration of it lasting an extended period and not feeling like there's anything you can do about it. At what point do you think your doctor would be willing to try a switch in the Rx?
Three cheers for firm dog poop!
ReplyDeletePortland is strange
ReplyDelete