Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Butterflies

Butterflies and Beauty
As we drove into an alternative entrance to our community down here (meaning one we don't normally take), we noticed there are a lot of yellow butterflies here at the moment. It's beautiful to see them flying in such numbers.

When we first came down here, all I noticed each time was the trash on the sides of the roads and the dirt you see almost everywhere outside of our community. Now, I barely notice either of those things. I seem to only notice the things I love about this place. And I notice the things that have changed, like very few stray animals. I love that! This is due in large part, I think, to the efforts of a charity that gets a lot of support from our community's homeowners. It pays to pick up the strays, spay or neuter them, then releases them.

Along the lines of beauty, the landscaping in the community continues to mature beautifully. Just since May, some of the plants have gotten noticably larger and fuller. The walk through the casas from and to the pool is very close to the dream we bought into.
Perfecting The Mexico
Apparently, Henry's term for Mexico of "The Mexico" is sticking around for a while. I think this is my fourth (maybe more or less - the trips are getting jarggled in my head) to our casa. It's starting to feel more like our home than a place we visit. I know where to put things to increase my comfort level. For example, my medication is kept up on a ledge off of the kitchen area. And I keep the key cards (which I'm absolutely terrible at keeping track of) on the ledge across the kitchen. Having a place to put all these things such that I know where they are helps it feel less like a hotel and more like a home. That is key to my enjoyment.
Avery in the community center


I unpacked my entire suitcase almost immediately upon arrival. Doing that helps me get situated, too. Avery saw me open the suitcase and before she even saw her swim suits, she asked if she could put one on so we could go to the pool. I knew that was best so she could get out some of her energy before bed, so we quickly headed over to the pool. I bought Avery a new hat for this trip since she really resisted putting on the other hat I'd bought last time. This new hat is so stinkin' cute. Add to that her very trendy looking prescription sunglasses and the adorableness that is any toddler in a swimsuit and you've got a bundle of, well, adorableness.

There was an older woman at the pool when we arrived. Avery acclimated to being back in the water in after a couple of minutes and was chasing Daddy in the pool. She yelled over to the woman, "Do you want to play with us?" It was so cute. Can you tell I think my kid is cute?

Avery went right to sleep - waking up at 4 am and taking only a 30 minute car seat nap will do that to a kid - at 7:30 tonight. I did, too. And that, my friends, is why I'm blogging at 3:45 in the morning. D is also awake since he fell asleep about 8:30. That early morning flight is a killer.

However, it's totally worth it to hear Avery say repeatedly, as she did tonight, "What a great day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment