The Reentry Usual
As usual, reentry into normal life was a bit bumpy after our return home from Mexico. Today is the first day I'm not exhausted and craving a nap. I've also had trouble finding time and energy to blog. Also as usual, since I haven't blogged in a while, it seems that nothing is worth blogging about. Bah. Whatever. Bullet points it is.
- We arrived home about 1 AM on Wednesday morning to find that we had no heat and a smoke alarm was beeping. After fixing those two problems, the three of us all feel into a deep slumber.
- Avery was thrilled to go to school on Wednesday. I think she really missed her friends and her routine even though she didn't once ask when we were going home.
- Wednesday afternoon, I napped for five hours straight. Even for me, that is a lot of napping. And it was out-cold napping, not fitful. Yesterday, I napped for an hour or so. That was fitful napping since Avery wasn't thrilled with the idea of quiet time for her while I napped. Today, I hope for no naps.
- Avery is at school today. She wore her Halloween shirt from last year, which very much looks like a boys shirt. I think it probably is a boys shirt. However, instead of the tan cargo pants that I'm sure I paired with it last year, she chose to pair it with a fun pink and orange skirts, tights, and sparkly black shoes. My little fashionista.
- Avery threw up several times yesterday, didn't eat much of anything all day, and around 5 pm fell asleep on the chair in the living room, then moved to Turtle's bed and fell asleep there. She is not the type to fall asleep unless it's bedtime, so she must have been feeling quite poorly. However, she didn't have a fever and was happy as a clam this morning, so I kept our plan to have her go to school today.
- We managed to forget Avery's travel car seat at the airport. I picked it up on Wednesday. It would have been a piece of cake except that I made a wrong turn and ended up in long term parking rather than short term. In the end, I learned it's just as easy to park in long term, though it's a longer walk. However, that walk is in the tunnel, so it's an easy walk. I also learned that the walkways in the tunnel don't move if no one is one them. At first, I figured it was broken, so I didn't get on it. The next time, I just kept going anyway and it started moving as I walked. I haven't seen moving sidewalks do this before.
Watch that tone
Avery started her "why?" phase several months ago. When she started asking why this and why that, she would do so with a curious, sweet tone. In the past few days, that tone has shifted from sweet to whiny. Me: "Avery, we're going to eat dinner now." Avery: "Whhhhhhyyyyy?" as if I'm asking her to clean the entire house or some other such chore.
Chilling
I took a few pictures in Mexico, but I don't feel like sorting through them to post. I will, however, post my favorite. I like it because I love how happy she is on the floatie.
I love love love that picture of Avery!
ReplyDeleteI also was confused by those tunnel walkways at the airport, and also avoided them because I thought they were broken.
That is the greatest picture! Blue, blue water, green floatie and one happy girl!
ReplyDelete