Pages

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Azithromycin

Doctor Update
The doctor did a chest x-ray and said all seems OK, but that she suspects it's a lingering case of bronchitis.  She prescribed another course of antibiotics, this time a type that is better with dealing with infections in the lungs.  The antibiotic the doctor a couple of weeks ago prescribed is better at treating sinus infections. 
Sounding Letters
I keep forgetting to record this in the blog for time line purposes.  For the past couple of months, Avery has been saying, "G starts with glass!" or, "C starts with cough and (kitty) cat!"  Clearly, she has the sentence structure reversed, but it's pretty darn cool that she is starting to know what the first letters of various words are based on the sounds.  She's particularly good with words that start with A, B, C, D, G, and P.  For the record, I've corrected her and said that "kitty" starts with K, but "cat" starts with C.  I think it's more a problem that she refers to all cats as "kitty cats," but probably also that kitty and cat make the same sound, so why wouldn't they both start with C? 
Quiet Evening
Before I left Avery in her room, I tidied up the whole room and made sure that two night lights were on.  I then explained that her sleeping at the top of the stairs isn't working anymore and that she'd need to stay in her bed when I left the room.  I also said we're not going to leave the lights on in the hall anymore since her night lights provide plenty of light.  For whatever reason, my laying down of the law took tonight and I haven't heard a peep out of her.  Awesome.  Not to worry, though, I'm not fool enough to think that this is the start of a trend.  I am, however, thankful it happened tonight. 

D is at the Trailblazers game with a client tonight.  I am going to resume reading my book, I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced.  I'm not overly taken with the book, but it's good enough to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment