Reintroduction of Gluten
I decided that despite the fact I'm still sick, I would reintroduce gluten today as planned. I felt like waiting to get better is just pointless as it seems my destiny is to be sick for the rest of my life. I've been on the elimination diet for 26 days, which means I've been sick for 24 days since I was only well for day 1 and day 2 of the diet. Anyway, this morning, I decided I would eat as I normally have been, but add a sandwich. That way I know that it's not just because I didn't eat a balanced breakfast. So I had my usual brown rice cereal (oh how I love thee), chicken for protein, and then an almond butter and jelly sandwich. I guess I usually have some fruit, but I forgot that part.
I started getting a headache around noon. Since I'm still so sick with other crap, I realized this is the error of reintroducing when not feeling 100%. However, now I have a sign I haven't had the whole time I've been on the diet and sick with one ailment or another: I'm so nauseated. And I'm also feeling that oh-so-familiar pull to take a nap. So, I think gluten is out for the moment. The naturopath said it's entirely possible I might be sensitive/reactive to gluten (or something else) now, but be able to resume eating it in six months or so. The next step is to not eat any more gluten, wait for these symptoms to clear up, then introduce dairy.
Doctors
Tomorrow I have appointments with both my naturopathic doctor and my Western doctor. I'm thinking of going to a witch doctor also, you know, just to cover all the bases (ba-dum-dum). I'm going to the Western doc because I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection. I know that my mucus glands are in overtime at the moment. Despite having bought a good 20 boxes of Kleenex on Superbowl Sunday, we're out of fresh boxes. And I'm out in my car, too. So I had to take a tp roll when I took Avery to school today. Here's a picture of what the roll looked like when I returned home just 3 hours later. I didn't use this for anything other than blowing my nose. Notice the better-than-usual picture quality, though granted it's the usual poor photography skills as evidenced by the shadow in the bottom of the picture. Avery seems to have hidden my camera. Since I was planning to buy a new point-and-shoot camera soon anyway, I did that this weekend.
After on the left; right, size of roll before Mucus Fest 2011
Guilt
Avery will be in school for four days this week. Count them: FOUR! I feel really guilty about this, particularly since I'll be leaving on Friday. However, it's just the way it worked out given she missed school due to weather last week, needs to go on Friday since I'm gone, and then typically goes on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm picking her up early so we can still go to swim lessons tonight.
I don't know why I feel guilty since Avery loves going to school. She couldn't wait to get there and join in on the walk the kids were doing on the fifth floor. Odd activity if you ask me - walking around the office building floors - but I guess that is just what you do when the weather is crappier than usual and the school/daycare is in an office building.
Problem solver
I am a problem solver. Never mind I've had this problem for three years, I have solved it and that is what matters most. I have never been able to find a trash bag that works for my car. I don't like hanging things off the knobs in the front of my car. For a long time I hung a little bag off the divider thingy in the center console. However, that bag was never big enough since I go through a lot of Kleenexes (thanks for those genes, Mom). Finally, I decided to make myself a trash receptacle out of a shoe box, then fasten the Kleenex box to the top. That way I wouldn't lose the spot where I keep my Kleenex box, and would have a larger, more easily accessible bin for trash. It's working perfectly. It's easy to empty, easy to access, and the Kleenex box stays in place. Of course, since I'm out of Kleenex boxes at the moment, I doesn't look nearly as impressive as a show box with a hole in it should look, but trust me, it's impressive. Well, it's functional.
Post-it Folders
There's nothing too fancy about this, but it's darn handy. Did you know you can get these holders that you fasten to the wall using the same type of sticky stuff as is used on Post-It Notes? That means you don't have to worry about damaging a cabinet. And you can move it if necessary. Such a great idea for temporary things that you don't want to have fastened to the wall.
I am definitely going to use one for receipts around the holidays. Before, I've always found an old shoe box that then gets moved around. Everyone is supposed to put their holiday receipts into that so we at least know where all receipts are for any necessary returns. That works well enough, but this will work much better.


No comments:
Post a Comment