Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

SSP1

Solo Sewing Project #1 - Knitting Needle Case
My first official solo sewing project is a case for RHG's knitting needles.  Since we don't have a true pattern to follow, it's going to be a bit challenging.  Last night, during our second craft night*, RHG and I went through the instructions for sewing the case, then made modifications to measurements to achieve RHG's specifications.  This morning I recut all the pieces, using a paper bag, and then assembled them to ensure we have everything correct.  It's good I did since one of the measurements was off. 

This afternoon, I hope to hit the fabric store to buy interior fabric for the case and pick up a few other items for it.

Fabric for the exterior of the case and the inside as laid out with paper bag cut outs
* We started a monthly craft night wherein no member has to do the same craft, or ANY craft. Last night, Stacey made cheese - from scratch; Amber sewed; Christie created cards; I did aimless things until RHG showed up and then we worked on the pattern for the knitting needle case together.
Portrait of a pre-meltdown
At one point during Friday's playdate with E & N, Avery went into pre-meltdown mode.  She fortunately never reached meltdown.  However, in her pre-meltdown tantrum, she ended up laying on the floor just saying, "Leave me alone!" and crying.  So, of course, I took a picture of that.


Easter Dress
And some pictures of Avery in her Easter dress. Of course, my photography does not capture how truly adorable this dress if, but you get the gist.  I clearly don't have the ability to choose the single best picture, so you get four.



2 comments:

  1. wow -- your photo of the knitting needle case template looks awesome! I am so glad that I am the recipient and I don't have to be jealous of someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent the link for this post to my knitting friends, by the way.

    As an unrelated comment, I want to point out that in the pre-meltdown picture of Avery, she is wearing spiderweb mittens. For some reason, I think that part is especially hilarious.

    ReplyDelete