Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Helping

Wedding Helper
I had to wait to do the envelopes and RSVP cards for the wedding invitations I'm making. The bride and groom had to move and this delayed the process because we didn't have their new address until right before we left for Mexico.

As type this, I'm remembering that we never verified the paper she bought for the RSVP cards is thick enough to be a post card for the USPS. Damn it.  I guess I'll just be optimistic and keep making the RSVPs, but also send a test post card to myself. Why didn't I think to send a test one to myself a while ago? Duh.

The envelope addressing is a bit of a pain in the butt. There's no way to do a mail merge into the Silhouette software. I never hoped there might be. What I did hope there would be, however, was the ability to cut and paste text from a spreadsheet into the software. Nope. This means I have to retype every single name and address. Wouldn't you know that the bride is Italian and has a ton of relatives with oddly spelled names who live in Italy? It's a tedious process. Of course, I still would have agreed to help out had I known all of this, so I'm not sure why I'm complaining.

Strep
D has strep, too. Mom isn't feeling too well, either. So it looks like the only one who didn't get strep (knock on wood for continued good luck on this) is Avery. Once the antibiotics kick in, it's not bad at all.

Saturday Plans
We're all heading out soon to see the documentary First Position. It's unrated, but given the subject matter, I can't imagine it'll be inappropriate for Avery. If it is, we'll just scuttle her on out of there.

After that we have no official plans. Maybe there will be something related to the Rose Festival that draws us in. I'm not one for crowds, so the idea of dealing with them to see the parade is not appealing.

3 comments:

  1. I want to take Avery to see that. Please let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber - It was really good. There were two dances in particular that I know both D and I instinctively started to clap they were so good (we stopped ourselves because we didn't want to be Those People in the theater). I think Avery will love it. It was a little long for my Avery. And there were some subtitles, so those parts of the movie were lost on her, but she sat patiently through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. We must try to catch that this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete